The ERT Workshop
An ERT Workshop will equip you with the skills and confidence to be a professional receptionist.
ERT Workshops are business-like sessions held for either one or for two sessions of around half a day each. There is a limit of ten trainees in any workshop to ensure we provide you with the best learning environment and outcomes.
While you learn with other trainees, we’ll cover all the skills you will need to be a professional receptionist including:
- Your Role as a Receptionist – the Face of the Company
- What You Need to do as Receptionist – and How To Do It
- Meeting and Greeting Etiquette
- How to Dress for Success
- Effective Communication, Email and Telephone Techniques
- Accounting, Legal, Medical and Real Estate Terms
- Organisational Skills
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- Applying for Jobs and Resume Writing/Cover Letters
- Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S)
At the end of the ERT Workshop, trainees will take a short examination to ensure they have learnt all the skills they need to work as a professional receptionist.
On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded an ERT Certificate of Professional Reception.
‘I have been thinking a lot about all the different areas we covered and will be revising my resume and cover letter. I think that ERT’s job application process can be used as an incentive to review the materials you gave me yesterday, as well as typing practice and software skills.
Your workshop was practical and inspiring, I really enjoyed it.’